[asterisk-users] PRI cards, Digium vs. Sangoma

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sun Aug 26 11:39:12 CDT 2007

Doug Lytle wrote:

> Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
>> Sangoma cards are complicated to set up, have a history of kernel (and
>> zaptel) VERSION issues.  i.e. It seems like the zaptel or kernel version
>> I'm running on a machine is always something newer than is supported by
>> the Sangoma drivers.  Never had any issues once I got it compiled.
>>

> You're forgetting one.
>
> I'm terrified of upgrading zaptel or the kernel from remote with the
> systems I have Sangoma cards on.  I have, on many occasions, had kernel
> panics when trying to shut down wanrouter.  I don't have this 'fear'
> with Digium cards.

So one could easily look at it the other way round and say that
once you've made sure there are no interrupt issues and got the
Digium card up and running it won't be the cause of headaches.

(Except if you want AoC information.)

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998