[asterisk-users] PRI cards, Digium vs. Sangoma

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Aug 26 09:13:15 CDT 2007

Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
>> On 8/20/07, Vidura Senadeera <vidurased at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> digium PRI/E1 card
>> Is there any reason you aren't using Sangoma cards?
>
> This sounds as if Sangoma was the only serious manufacturer of
> PRI cards.
> What are your reasons for not using a Digium card?

Digium cards have a shorter warranty.  Digium cards have a history of
motherboard compatibility issues.  Digium cards have a history of being
much more sensitive to interrupt latency issues.

Sangoma cards are complicated to set up, have a history of kernel (and
zaptel) VERSION issues.  i.e. It seems like the zaptel or kernel version
I'm running on a machine is always something newer than is supported by
the Sangoma drivers.  Never had any issues once I got it compiled.

For MOST people there really isn't much practical difference between the
cards.