[asterisk-users] TDM400 and TDM800 fxo stop answering

Stefano Arata s.arata at wildcard.it
Sun Aug 26 04:44:49 CDT 2007

Hi, I have two asterisk with the Digium TDM400 installed on the first and
the TDM800 installed on the second. Both systems are linux Debian 4.0 whith
kernel 2.6.18 and asterisk 1.2.24.
Often the cards stop answering calls, and I can't make or receive calls; I
need to reboot the system or manually reload the zaptel modules to restore
it.
I've tried zaptel versions 1.2.18, 1.2.19 and 1.2.20 too but the problem
remains.
I can't find any error in the asterisk log files nor in the syslog but I've
found this suggestion
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+automatic+daily+restart on wiki,
that suggests to set up a cron job to restart the driver daily, but this
doesn't work for me.
Are there other solutions to this problem?

Thanks, Stefano Arata