[asterisk-users] which OS would be fine for asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Aug 25 19:31:56 CDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 06:24:54PM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:

> I am bringing up several Fedora Core 7 boxen into production now.
>
> Besides a knee jerk reaction that "Fedora Sucks", can someone give a
> real argument as to why I should or should not use it for production?
> (besides the several MB of yum updates daily, which to me is a good thing).

Which Fedora 7 exactly?

The one originally released with kernel 2.6.21-1.3194 or the current one
with 2.6.22.4-65?

> Besides naming a flavor and saying "It is the best", can someone add a
> few statements as to why, which will obviously have to compare the other
> flavors.

An obvious problem with Fedora is that while it is being maintained,
packages there change rapidly. So in order to get bug fixes, you'll have
to get new features (and potentially more bugs as well).

And after a period which is not so long, it stops being maintained at
all, and you have no source for bugfixes.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com