[asterisk-users] Heavy duty environment - Is TDM2400P suits?

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sat Aug 25 14:27:40 CDT 2007

Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
> On 8/21/07, Chris Mason (Lists) <lists at masonc.com> wrote:
>
>> Steve Totaro wrote:
>>
>>> You should have no problems.  Make sure you put surge protection and
>>> ground your POTS lines.  It is a small investment.  I have had SEVERAL
>>> FXO modules die or behave strangely after thunderstorms.  I cannot prove
>>> it was a surge, but logic would indicate that was the issue.
>>>

>> Steve,
>> How are you providing surge protection? I have lost a couple of cards to
>> storms also.

I did not ground them properly (they declined that option in the
original sales process) and they were from installations over one or two
years ago.

Since it was not really Digium's fault, I did not even bother with the
RMA process.  I may have tried if they were only a couple of months old.

I just bought new modules and billed the customer parts and labor.  I
also sold them and installed proper grounding and surge supression.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro