[asterisk-users] asterisk stable 1.2.x or 1.4.x

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Aug 24 17:27:35 CDT 2007

Hi

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 03:08:56PM -0700, satish patel wrote:
> Dear all
>
>                    I am going to install asterisk on production now i'm
> confused about version i dont know which version is good and best for
> my setup 1.2.x or 1.4.x

Installing 1.2 on a new system now (that should hopefully be maintained
for a while) may not be the best idea: you will need to spend more time
looking for backported features and such. And new bugfixes will be harder
to come by.

This will be increasingly more true six monthes from now.

Don't confuse this with a discussion regarding "upgrade from 1.2 or
not". Some people rightfully stated there "if it's not broken don't fix
it". However this is not the case for a new installation.

>   can anyone tell me in detail which version whoud be best for my setup 1.4.x or 1.2.x
>
>   if 1.4.x is good then which version whoud be better like 1.4.1 or 1.4.10 , 1.4.11

1.4.1? no way.

Generally get the latest. Which would be 1.4.11.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com