[asterisk-users] Tuning a ZyWALL for Asterisk

Ed Pastore epastore at ascp.com
Fri Aug 24 14:35:22 CDT 2007

I understand this question is over-broad, but hopefully you can have
patience with a newbie and toss me a bone...

I am in the testing stage of deploying Asterisk. I have successfully
configured it to work behind the NAT of my ZyXEL ZyWALL 35 firewall.
However, I think there is a lot of tuning I can do to get better
reliability, bandwidth management, and maybe QoS from the firewall. I
have some clues as to how to do some of this, but both telephony and
routing are not strong points for me (I mostly work on systems,
servers, and LANs).

Is there any sort of reference material that will guide me in setting
up my ZyWALL for VoIP? I don't see much help from ZyXEL, and I only
see scattered posts around the net, but I know a lot of people are
using ZyWALLs with Asterisk.

If there isn't a reference, then can anyone chime in with some
particulars on what you've done?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!