[asterisk-users] Stable-Stable Asterisk

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Fri Aug 24 11:10:27 CDT 2007

While it is not exactly running a huge system, I have had one 1.4
system running in a small office of 10 phones since June with no
problems and another small system for about a month with no problems.
I have also had a larger system (80+ phones, DUNDi and IAX trunking to
11 sites) running 1.4 for a over a month. That system has had
stability issues from time to time with the IAX, I account most of the
issues I have had to the changes being made and the fact that 90% of
the systems it interacts with are 1.2 versions.

I know there are bugs in 1.4, as are there bugs in 1.2 and likely even
in 1.0. I did not move to 1.4 to avoid bugs or fix anything, but to
use certain features to accomplish goals that the client had for the
system. I think Tzafrir is right:

---
Suppose you are a reader of a specific mailing list. Someone asked
"which is better: 1.2 or 1.4".

Naturally the sample size you get is very small: only a handful of the
large body of Asterisk users actually naswered it.

----

So I am answering as someone using 1.4.

Bruce Reeves
Nortex Networks