[asterisk-users] [Fwd: Re: issues with caller ID , remote-party-id

Benjamin Jacob benjamin.jacob at mgl.com
Fri Aug 24 06:22:23 CDT 2007

Hello ppl,
Sorry to re-post it, but kinda these issues are getting on my nerves.

I tried Set(CALLERID(num)=7329) on 1.2.12, which works fine, but not on
1.4.4.

The problem :
1. I receive call from caller 'AAA' on my number, 'BBB' which is on my
Asterisk box.
2. I have to redirect the call to some other number, say, my cell num -
'CCC'.
3. My PSTN provider wants the calling(From) number as 'BBB', which is
fair enough, because that number has been assigned to me by this provider.
4. I have been able to achieve this(using Set(CALLERD(num)='BBB'), on
1.2.12, but not on 1.4.4. I know, be default, From will be set to BBB,
but still....
5. But, more importantly, I need to pass the original caller number too
to the destination, i.e. to my cell fone - CCC,  which shows up on my
cell fone as the caller id.
6. I presume, this can be achieved using Remote-Party-ID.
7. If I set sendrpid=yes in sip.conf, the stuff sent in Remote-Party-ID
also is CCC, but I want it to be AAA (actual caller).
8. So, I commented out sendrpid, and manually added Remote-Party-ID using:
    SIPAddHeader(Remote-Party-ID: "MEUSER" <AAA>\;privacy=off\;screen=no)
9. As I am experimenting, I don't really have PSTN connectivity yet, but
I have come to know, that most devices, like CISCO 7960, give preference
to Remote-Party-ID over the From number to show as Caller ID. So, I have
CCC configured on a CISCO SIP phone. But the caller id is still 'BBB'.
10. And at the end of all this, I am very close to smash my asterisk
box, cisco phones with a sledgehammer.

Any bright ideas anywhere???

Help appreciated.

Thanks..
- Ben.

EMAIL DISCLAIMER : This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply email and then destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to official business of Mascon shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by Mascon. Any information contained in this email, when addressed to Mascon clients is subject to the terms and conditions in governing client contract.

Whilst Mascon takes steps to prevent the transmission of viruses via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions. Mascon grants no warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.