[asterisk-users] Simulating errors (Busy / Out of Order)

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Fri Aug 24 03:01:23 CDT 2007

Oh, man, why is it that when you spend hours working on something, as
soon as you send a message for help, the solution presents itself ?

To answer my own question, and for prosperity, see the comments inline:

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth :(

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> I'm trying to build a test suite so that I can run "calls" through and
> verify the call results.
>
> I've made a cross over cable and linked my 2 ISDN30 ports together. So
> now I can dial out on span 1 , and to receive the call on span 2.
>
> in the context for span 2, I have the following:
>
> <snip>
> ; #1 "answer" a call and play music
> 000XXX : ring for a random period, answer, play moh, hangup after a
> random period

Works great

> ; #2 just ring (no answer)
> 001XXX : ring for a random period, hangup after a random period

works great

> ; #3 out of order
> 002XXX : Zapateller()
> <snip>
>
> ; #4 engaged
> 003XXX : Busy()

for these two, set the PRI_CAUSE variable before hangup

I set 17 for BUSY and 27 for out of order

> #1 and #2 just work fine.
>
> however, with #4, I get
>
>   Accepting call from '123456' to '003123' on channel 0/31, span 2
>      -- Executing [003123 at isdnspan2:1] NoOp("Zap/62-1", "") in new stack
>      -- Executing [003123 at isdnspan2:2] Busy("Zap/62-1", "3") in new stack
>      -- Zap/31-1 is proceeding passing it to SIP/5711-0834fdd0
>      -- Zap/31-1 is making progress passing it to SIP/5711-0834fdd0
>
> What I was hoping was to get a "busy" signal on the SIP channel.
>
> I get a similar result with #3
>
> Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong here ?
>
> The dialplan for #4 is:
>
> exten => _003X.,1,NoOp() ; Engaged
> exten => _003X.,n,Busy(3)
> exten => _003X.,n,Hangup()