[asterisk-users] Is it posible for an incoming to ring to Polycom and cell at the same time?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Aug 23 22:30:47 CDT 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007 11:22:23 pm Stephen Bosch wrote:
> > dial(SIP/polycom-on-my-desk&Local/5551212,15,tr)
> Will this work even if the Local is pointing to a Zap channel?
> As far as I know, this only works with SIP or IAX outgoing.

I'm not sure where you are getting that assumption from, as I have been
Dialing Zap/foo&Zap/bar, SIP/foo&SIP/bar, IAX/foo&IAX/bar and combinations of
all three for the past several years.

The only trick, as Anthony already showed, is to use 'r' when dialing a cell
phone so that the caller hears the expected ringback, and not the
carrier's "The cell phone you are trying to reach is out of the area"
messages if the cell is out of range or off.

-A.