[asterisk-users] Stable-Stable Asterisk

Ed Pastore epastore at ascp.com
Thu Aug 23 15:19:16 CDT 2007

Hi, folks.

I've been on the Asterisk Announce list for a while now, and it seems
to me that the release versions of Asterisk are a bit bleeding-edge.
They qualify as stable, but I wouldn't call them "production stable"
since half the time a new one comes out, a fix for it comes out the
next day.

So... that said, what's a good version to linger on? I don't *need*
anything particularly fancy, feature-wise, but would like to keep it
as secure and stable as possible. And I certainly don't mind fancy
features. :)

Also (please forgive a newbie), how can I tell what version of
Asterisk I'm running? My current install was set up by a vendor and
I'm still learning the ropes. Where's the best place to look to find
the build number?

I do know that I'm running some version of 1.2, and am also not sure
if I should stay there, or move up to 1.4.

Thanks!