[asterisk-users] channel not hungup (zombie?) so call limit not reset to zero

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 13:26:30 CDT 2007

im having a strange problem related to call-limit for peers. well im not
sure if its related to call-limmit or not. Bottom line is:

I call a user A, from user B. user B hears silence, untill it goes to
voicemail. when user B hangsup. user B's call limit is reset to 0 but user
A's call limit is not reset.strange thing is user A's status on cli is shown
as NOANSWER, while user B did not even hear ringing. when i use "sip show
channels" command, it shows me a channel for user A like below:

crunch      30d926c1055  00102/00000  unkn  No       Init: INVITE

It stays in INVITE state unless i restart my asterisk server. when i restart
the channel is clear (ofcorse)

So my guess is, its a zombiee channel which asterisk forgot to hangup. WHY?
i dont know, maybe there is a problem in sip signalling due to which
asterisk didnt recieve the bye signal in the first place or maybe its
asterisk fault totally.

So because it is not hungup by asterisk thats why its call limit is not
reset to zero. I dont have sip debug for this problem yet, i'll post it
later when i have it. meanwhile if somebody has experienced a similar
problem and has successfully fixed it, then plz share my burden and help me.
--
Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham