[asterisk-users] 1.4 Branch -- which revision

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Thu Aug 23 12:39:33 CDT 2007

Jason Parker wrote:
> Jay Milk wrote:
>
>> I'm finally migrating from the 6/7/05 CVS version to 1.4.  Had quite a
>> run, I have to admit.  Asterisk itself only segfaulted once or twice,
>> but the dns issues have been bothering me.  And the box just needs to
>> go.  Everything is going on a Ubuntu 6.06TLS server, that's been
>> perfectly stable.  I had 1.4.1 installed and running, but not
>> configured.  Yesterday I upgraded to 1.4.11, which went smoothly...
>> alas, I really wanted chan_mobile.
>>
>> I attempted to use asterisk 1.4.11 with addons-branch 1.4, but that
>> didn't do it.  So it looks like I'd have to use the 1.4 branch for both
>> asterisk and addons.  What's the recommended revision here?  I don't
>> need bleeding edge (obviously), I just need it stable with chan_mobile
>> and not too much else.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> chan_mobile isn't in asterisk-addons in 1.4 - only trunk.  You'll likely have
> to backport it...  (it was developed against 1.4, so the diff from trunk is
> probably trivial)

Hmm, I got myself confused into thinking I checked out the 1.4 branch
somehow.  Or maybe that 22-1.4.4.patch file had partial success.  So, to
restate the question --

Which trunk revision are folks using successfully?

(and no, a diff isn't trivial to someone who barely keeps a command
prompt ahead of certain disaster ;-)