[asterisk-users] libmfcr2 is giving definition error while compiling

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 23 10:47:05 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 20:16 +0530, sanchal.singh at alliance-infotech.com
wrote:
> Hi,
>          I am using debian 4.0 with version 2.6.18-4-686
>           I have downloaded the required files form site
> 			asterisk-1.2.24.tar.gz
>  			libmfcr2-0.0.3-1.4.tar.bz2
>  			libsupertone-0.0.2.tar.gz
>  			libunicall-0.0.3-1.4.tar.bz2
>  			spandsp-20060903.tar.gz

I use spandsp-0.0.3. Try that and see if it solves your problem.

>  	I downloaded and installed the files in the follwing sequence
> 	spandsp
> 	libsupertone
> 	libunicall
> 		Till here it is compiling and copying .so library to /usr/local/lib/
>             libmfcr2-0.0.3 is giving a lot of definition error
> 	I converted .src.rpm file of libmfcr2  to .deb file and installed so .so
> files are not their in
> 	/usr/local/lib

Not sure if I understand you correctly but can't you just manually copy
the .so files to the right directory where libmfcr2 can find them. Or
maybe you just need to run ldconfig so the libs in /usr/local/lib are
picked up correctly (check with ldconfig -v).

>       With some minor changes the libmfcr2 get compiled successfully but
> some rpath error
> was  coming.

I don't know what is causing the rpath problems. I don't get rpath
errors when the rpath check is done during the rpmbuild on a Fedora 7
box.

Regards,
Patrick