[asterisk-users] Multiple servers using realtime

Peder @ NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Wed Aug 22 12:05:50 CDT 2007

I am in the process of setting up several * servers using realtime and
connecting to mysql.  I am trying to figure out if I should just use one
database and one set of tables for all of the user data.  Or if I should
have separate databases for each * box.  The boxes are independent of
each other in that customerA only connects to box A.  They will never
fail over to box B or anything like that.  I want to use realtime for
queues,voicemail, sippeers and extensions.  The only issue that I have
come up with so far is that a common voicemail table would cause each
box to try and send out mwi indicators since it appears each * box pulls
all of the voicemail boxes from the DB every 10 seconds.

Any thoughts on whether I should go with one DB, or separate per box
DB's?  There is one mysql box, I am not referring to mysql on each box,
I am referring to whether I should use separate DB's within the one
mysql box for each * box.  Thanks.

Peder