[asterisk-users] Saftware RAID1 or Hardware RAID1 with Asterisk

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:35:04 CDT 2007

I've gotten burned by software raid so I'll probably be sticking with
hardware in the future.  If your drive dies for some reason it could affect
the SATA bus and cause the system to crash.  That's what happened to me.  It
wouldn't come back up on the second Raid 1 drive until I removed the bad
one.

With hardware raid that would NEVER happen.  They are designed to isolate
the Sata interface of a drive gone bad and just keep on running.

Are there Hardware Raid cards that don't come with software for monitoring
and emailing warnings?  I know the 3ware cards come with linux software that
can run as a web interface or command line so the whole monitoring argument
is mute IMHO.