[asterisk-users] Asterisk Home Automation (was: Re: 99 bottles of beer)

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Wed Aug 22 09:17:42 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 08:50 -0500,
asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 21:01:50 -0400
> From: "David Cook" <dbc_asterisk at advan.ca>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] 99 bottles of beer
> To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
> On 8/21/07, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
>

> > "To control the tv in this room, press 1. To control a tv in
> another
>
> > room, press 2. To control the outside lights, press 3. To control
> the
>
> > sprinklers, press 4, ..."
>

> Before this thread I already had a Firecracker on the server, a fair
> assortment of lights and the sprinklers are on an X10Pro Irrigation
> Controller.
>

> Damn, now I'm gonna be up all night.....

	Isn't this kind of Asterisk interface to home automation what the xPL
package in Trixbox is supposed to offer? Is there a source for clear,
concise, *tested* guides and instructions for Asterisk/xPL home
automation somewhere other than just a needle in the
http://www.google.com/search?q=xpl+%22home+automation%22+asterisk
haystack? Or maybe there's a better interface than xPL.
--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein