[asterisk-users] Polycom behind NAT won't register to * serverbehind ALG

Marty Mastera marty at m3resources.com
Tue Aug 21 23:20:20 CDT 2007

> Polycom's were simply not originally built for multi location VoIP.
> There
> is no NAT support in the Polycom's. We have several networks, being an
> ISP,
> and have found that when transversing one network say 192.168.2.x with
> the *
> box on a 192.168.1.x the polycoms were able to communicate however
> sustained
> a lot of one way audio problems.  Moving thim onto the same network is
> the
> only thing we have been able to reliable do.  According to Polycom
> Support
> this is what they are intended for and no definitive answer as to
> whether
> they would support Stun or another method in the future.  At least as
> of 6
> months ago.
>
> Matt

Although I do appreciate your response, I didn't intend to paint this as a NAT issue in my original post.  I have successfully deployed Polycom phones behind NAT many times in the past when the * box was on a public IP without a NAT or ALG present.  This leads me to focus on the ALG as part of issue in this case (not that the ALG in and of itself is the issue, but the combination of Polycom and the ALG since other brands of phones work properly).  The link that I referred to in my original post referenced an issue with the MD5 hash being different on either end due to differences in the URI, causing a registration authentication problem (as I understand it).  I was just asking for assistance understanding what the link was recommended as a fix.

Thanks!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.