[asterisk-users] 99 bottles of beer

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Aug 21 13:07:59 CDT 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Russell Bryant wrote:

> Nice!  While we're on the subject of silly but fun dialplan bits, check out my
> TV remote extension.  When I moved a few months ago, there was a while when I
> couldn't find the wireless keyboard that I usually use as my TV remote to
> control MythTV.  So, I built dialplan so I could use a wireless phone as my
> remote, instead.  The dialplan reads digits from the phone and sends the correct
> commands to a MythTV network control interface for the frontend application.
>
> I posted my tested .conf version and the untested AEL version to the MythTV
> wiki.  The AEL version would probably be prettier with macros, now that I think
> of it ...
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Controlling_MythTV_from_any_phone_using_Asterisk

And practical :)

Almost every room in my house has a phone -- if I could teach my kids to
put them back where they belong.

This could easily be extended to recognize which phone was used so it
could control the Myth FE in that room.

Also, it could/should be extended to control x10 devices as well...

"To control the tv in this room, press 1. To control a tv in another room,
press 2. To control the outside lights, press 3. To control the
sprinklers, press 4, ..."

Thanks in advance,