[asterisk-users] TE405/TE410P help updating from 1.0 to 1.4

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Aug 21 06:54:31 CDT 2007

>Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>>/ On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 09:23:20PM -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
/>>/
/>>>/ I have a TE405/TE410P card that was working on 1.0.X
/>>>/
/>>>/ I upgraded the OS to Centos 4.5, Updated asterisk to 1.4 and zaptel to
/>>>/ 1.4.5 and libpri.
/>>>/
/>>>/ I copied all the zaptel and zapata and extensions.conf files from 1.0
/>>>/
/>>>/ I did update extensions.conf from 1.0 to 1.4 commands.
/>>>/
/>>>/ I cannot get the card to work in 1.4.10. AHHH!
/>>>/
/>>>/ I see with zttool that the T1 is in Green, I see calls coming in as the
/>>>/ bits go high on channel 8,
/>>>/ zaptel doesnt respond so it tries channel 7 then gives up.
/>>>/
/>>>/ Any ideas what this might be??? zaptel modules load, asterisk loads.
/>>>/ ztcfg gives correct reply
/>>>/ everything looks good just not working.
/>>>/
/>>/
/>>/ What is the output of a call trace from the CLI:
/>>/
/>>/ core set verbose 3
/>>/
/>>/
/>>/ And report what you see when you try to call out.
/>>/
/>>/
/>Good advice.  Also try pri intense debug span X.

>Before any of that, replace your T1 cable, especially if it is home made
>job.  It is always surprising how much time I have wasted on something,
>when just swapping out a new cable fixed it instantly.

>Thanks,
>Steve Totaro

Guys,

THanks for the reply. Last night tried backing down to 1.2, didnt work,
I then backed down to 1.0 and that is working.

If I can get back in and get time I will try 1.4 again the above commands.

Was really disappointed 1.4 didnt just work.

The customer also has a cisco call manager so I may just try and migrate them to SIP.

Thanks again, hope I have a chance to at least try the commands above and see what it says.

Jerry