[asterisk-users] 99 bottles of beer

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Aug 21 00:33:18 CDT 2007

Steve Murphy wrote:
> How about this one: from an extensions.conf that someone posted on the
> internet, I think, and I converted to AEL; I'm sorry, but I can't find
> the original author.
> (If anybody can find his post, I'd love to give him credit.) I did test
> this out,
> and it works; just put a call to the macro ( &guessgame(); ) in an
> extension in your dialplan....

Nice!  While we're on the subject of silly but fun dialplan bits, check out my
TV remote extension.  When I moved a few months ago, there was a while when I
couldn't find the wireless keyboard that I usually use as my TV remote to
control MythTV.  So, I built dialplan so I could use a wireless phone as my
remote, instead.  The dialplan reads digits from the phone and sends the correct
commands to a MythTV network control interface for the frontend application.

I posted my tested .conf version and the untested AEL version to the MythTV
wiki.  The AEL version would probably be prettier with macros, now that I think
of it ...

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Controlling_MythTV_from_any_phone_using_Asterisk

--
Russell Bryant