[asterisk-users] Saftware RAID1 or Hardware RAID1 with Asterisk

Vidura Senadeera vidurased at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 21:03:23 CDT 2007

Dear All,

I would like to get community's feedback with regard to RAID1 ( Software or
Hardware) implementations with asterisk.

This is my setup

Motherboard with SATA RAID1 support
CENT OS 4.4
Asterisk 1.2.19
Libpri/zaptel latest release
2.8 Ghz Intel processor
2 80 GB SATA Hard disks
256 MB RAM
digium PRI/E1 card

Following are the concerns I am having

I'm planing to put this asterisk server in production enviorment which is
having E1 connection to the asterisk server, approximately
20 con-current calls, Music on hold, voice mail boxes.

1. If I use Software RAID, what would be the impact to my deployment?
( problems that I have to face with regard to the call flow )
2. If I use Hardware based RAID 1, what would be the impact to the system?
3. According to your practical experiance what is the ideal solution among
both options?

I will be highly appreciate your feedback on this regard.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Vidura Senadeera,