[asterisk-users] Setting caller ID on outgoing calls.

Joe acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Mon Aug 20 12:57:41 CDT 2007

Excuse me if I recently posted on this, but I cannot find it, in my, or the list archives.

Is it possible, when transferring a call, to set the user ID to that of the "outgoing number" instead of the incoming number?  I believe the answer is (was) yes.

New twist, does it matter what the destination "media" is?  Meaning, the call would be coming in on a T1, going out on a T1, but ending on a POTS line (which supports caller ID).

Thanks for understanding.

joe a.