[asterisk-users] Cdr reports

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Mon Aug 20 12:24:59 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 11:45 -0500, Jordan Novak wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how long a caller waited in queue for
> someone to answer versus how long they stayed on the phone after the
> answer. I am assuming that the duration is the total talk time and
> that the billsecs are the total time in queue. is this correct? or
> should i be deducting the billsecs from the duration to get this
> number?

I HOPE you have the two reversed. Usually, the duration is the total
time from the moment Asterisk picked up the incoming call, to the time
the conversation ended. The billsecs is usually smaller-- the time from
the moment the callee answered the ringing phone to the end of the
conversation.

So, the billsec field is usually SMALLER than the duration.