[asterisk-users] Firefly IAX2 configuration

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 06:57:58 CDT 2007

Dear Gordon;

Thanks a lot for your email.

I need one more tracing tool, how can I know the used
port of the IAX on teh Asterisk and wethor the
listening on that port is successully done (ready to
receive on that port)?

About the firewall, actually the client PC and
Asterisk on the same LAN (my PC is 192.168.8.2 and
Asterisk is 192.168.8.4), the only possible thing is
the firewall on the fedora server (Asterisk server),
but I am not so friendly with fedora to know how can I
check if the firewall on fedora enabled if u can help
me (fedora is like redhat).

Regards
Bilal

> Hi List;
>
> I am using Firefly softphone Version 1.9.9 Build
4521
> and I select IAX protocol and did the configuration
in
> Network1 (and I checked the Active checkbox) as
> following:
>
> Server: 192.168.8.4
> username: iax2user1
> password: password
>
> In the Asterisk, I did the following configuration
on
> the /etc/asterisk/iax.conf:
>
> [iax2user1]
> type=friend
> context=internal
> username=iax2user1
> secret=password
> host=dynamic
>
> Then I ran the following:
> #/usr/sbin/asterisk -cvvv
> CLI>reload
>
> But always I get a message at the firefly that an
> error occured while trying to connect to the
network.

> What else I have to do?

Have you checked your firewall? Is it letting UDP data
through to the
asterisk box on port 4569?

> By the way: what is the command that I can type it
> do tracing on the user [iax2user1] or to do traces
on
> any registeration attempts from the clients?

iax2 debug

will generate lots of output for you...

> Last thing, if I am outside the console (in unix
mode), is there any
> command from unix I can type it to know if asterisk
is running or
 not?

   ps ax | grep asterisk

is crude, but visual.

Asterisk stores it's PID in /var/run/asterisk.pid, so
you could then
 read
that, and check to see if the process with that PID is
actually running

asterisk.

ie. see if /proc/<number> existis, and if-so, see if
it's actually
asterisk by reading /proc/<number>/cmdline

or just see if you can connect to it with the
rasterisk command ...

Gordon