[asterisk-users] How many calls can use the same username

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sun Aug 19 17:21:37 CDT 2007

bilal ghayyad wrote:

> If I configured one SIP account or one IAX account
> [sipuser1] or [iaxuser1] then how many calls can be
> originate/terminate using the same account [sipuser1]
> or [iaxuser1]?

The number of calls per account is not really limited
(for SIP at least).

> In other words, can 10 IP Phones (users) do a calls
> via Asterisk using the same account (SIP or IAX2)?

Unless things have changed: No. (not sure about IAX)
The number of registrations to an account *is* limited
(to 1).

> If yes, how can I control the number of calls per
> account?

sip.conf: call-limit

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998