[asterisk-users] Rewriting the From and Subject from voicemail for a MMS Message to a Cell Phone - like visual voicemail

Steve Turner lists65 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 14:49:13 CDT 2007

I would like to send Multimedia Messaging (MMS) email (gateway)  to my cell
phone and have the from and subject be the callerid/calleridnam information
from the voice mail message.

I know there is a way to call another perl script or program up when an
email message is written, but I am not a programmer.

I know there could be a perl script or program that could run every minute
and check the

/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/XXXX/INBOX and read the msgxxxx.txt
file and get the information and then attach the msgxxx.wav file and email
it but again I am no programmer.  Does anyone know if this has been done or
is willing to do it?

This would be similar to the iPhone visual voicemail using MMS on cell
phones.  Just a thought.

Any ideas or thoughts?