[asterisk-users] Snom 300 Hints and LIne Buttons

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sun Aug 19 12:36:46 CDT 2007

Russell Brown wrote:

> I've setup hints for a couple of Snom 300's but Asterisk doesn't send
> Extension Changed messages to subscribed phones unless the second 'line'
> button is used (I've tried Snom's version 6 and 7 and two difference
> 300s).
>
> On the Asterisk Console I don't see any message when picking up a Snom
> 300 and dialing the hold music (or making any otehr call).
>
> As soon as I put the first call on hold though (by pressing the L2
> button), Asterisk pops up the message "xtension Changed 116 new state
> Hold for Notify User Russell".
>
> If I drop the first 'line', there's no message from Asterisk.
>
> When I flip back to the second line Asterisk says "Extension Changed 116
> new state Idle for Notify User Russell" - even though it's patently not!
>
> This obviously makes the BLF lamp on my Snom 370 pretty useless as it
> only lights up when the Snom 300's got two lines going :-(
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this fixed?

Do your peers in sip.conf have call-limit=<something>, e.g.
call-limit=10

sip.conf [general] settings:
allowsubscribe=yes
subscribecontext=default
notifyringing=yes
notifyhold=yes
limitonpeers=yes

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998