[asterisk-users] Pre-recorded first and last names audio database

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 10:06:23 CDT 2007

On 8/4/07, John Vogel <johnv at comcast.net> wrote:
> My application needs to look up (by spelling) the first and last names of a
> person and then insert the corresponding pre-recorded audio file to
> personalize the message. E.g. "Hi, John Brown. Your book is due back at the
> library." So I need "John" and "Brown" in audio files along with LOTS of
> other names -

The only good solution to this problem is getting the "customers" to
record their names when their records are created. This could be done
at the library itself, if that's who is doing this, during a signup
process.

NO TTS will be able to do this. The reason is that names can be
spelled the same and pronounced differently depending on the person.
Even some first names like Stephen have at least two ways of being
pronounced.