[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Client NAT

G B dopeness02 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 05:53:57 CDT 2007

Hi Gordon,

I did everything that you suggested, however, the symptoms remain.

I set the rtp.conf to use ports 10000 to 20000

I assured that my router was forwarding these ports. However, the Media Description Section of the SIP/SD packet (captured with ethereal) reads:

Media Description, name and address (m): audio 50486 RTP/AVP 0 8 101

50486 is the destination port of all RTP packets sent from the client. These are filtered out by my server NAT's firewall. It seems that Asterisk is not using rtp.conf

I did some searching and found the following link. This is right around the time that I downloaded. Could this be the trouble?

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-bugs/2007-July/001213.html