[asterisk-users] Blacklisting Toll-Free etc.

voiplist gotvoip at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 14:06:12 CDT 2007

I have always been able to block toll-free numbers by catching them
with a line similar to this for each DID I have on my system:

exten => 5554441212/_888NXXXXXX,n,Playback(GoAway)

Where 15554441212 is one of the DIDs that rings into our Asterisk box.

The problem with this approach that I have to create a line like this
for every pattern I want to block multiplied by every DID on my
system, this gets old.

So for example, if I have 20 DIDs that ring into my box, and I want to
block 10 caller-id's or caller-id patterns I need like 200 lines in my
extensions.conf.

What I want to do is something like this:

exten => _NXXNXXXXXX/_888NXXXXXX,n,Playback(GoAway)

This never seems to work, why? Is there another way to block all calls
from a particular caller-id or caller-id pattern without specifying
the exact DID/Extension?

Regards,
 Todd R.

--