[asterisk-users] RAW asterisk!

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sat Aug 18 09:00:46 CDT 2007

Doug wrote:
> At 19:35 8/17/2007, Lee Jenkins wrote:
>  >Bill Andersen wrote:
>  >> I'm a network admin that maintains 3 commercial Asterisk
>  >> servers for my employer.
>  >>
>  >> I am wanting to move away from the "pre-packaged" commercial PBXs
>  >> to a more "pure" asterisk setup.  The systems I have utilize a nice
>  >> web GUI to make changes, but it really limits what I can do beyond
>  >> what they have programmed into their GUI.
>  >>
>  >
>  >Bill,
>  >
>  >If you like working from Windows, you can also check out DialplanPro.
>  >I've been using it for our few (so far) clients and our personal phone
>  >system.
>  >
>  >http://www.datatrakpos.com/pos/datatalk/Default.aspx
>  >
>  >I wrote it to be more of a swiss army knife for Asterisk.  I like to use
>  >the GUI "widgets"  and visual menu builder to build the basic dialplan
>  >menus then use the editor (basic syntax highlighting, parameter
>  >suggestions, etc) to write custom scripts using either traditional flat
>  >asterisk script or AEL2 and INCLUDE them in the final project scripts
>  >which can be automatically uploaded to the server.
>  >
>  >I also use it to parse my AEL2 scripts remotely from my windows computer
>  >using a hook into the aelparse executable written by murph.
>  >
>  >Its still beta, but mostly because it doesn't yet have all the features
>  >I want to eventually include in it.  Also, its commercial software or
>  >will be someday.
>  >
>  >
>  >--
>  >Warm Regards,
>  >
>  >Lee
>
> Keeewwwl...Delphi!
>
> However, all I can get it to do is generate errors:

> Application...
>   Start Date      : 08/17/2007 20:20:27
>   Name/Description: astclient.exe
>   Version Number  : 0.9.6.75
>
> Exception...
>   Date   : 08/17/2007 20:22:40
>   Address: 00409A5A
>   Module : astclient.exe
>   Type   : EConvertError
>   Message: '' is not a valid integer value.

Doug,

We get about 120 downloads of that product a day and this is the first
time I've seen this error so I would be very interested in tracking it
down as no one has reported it.

It looks like you're trying to build your project but there is some data
its looking for during build that is not there (trying to cast a string
to an integer, but the string is empty it looks like). Probably just a
setting that you did not set.  Most settings (as you would think) that
are critical to the application have mandatory values and I'd love to
find out which one this is to that it can be required as well.

Would you mind dropping me a line off list or posting the error to our
message board?

http://www.datatrakpos.com/community/
(Main Message Board)

http://www.datatrakpos.com/community/Default.aspx?g=topics&f=20
(DialplanPro Forum on the board)

Yes, we are a Delphi shop.  Also Lazarus/Freepascal, C#/.Net, etc.
--
Warm Regards,

Lee