[asterisk-users] Quick DUNDi Poll Questions, For All Asterisk Users, Please Give Feedback

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri Aug 17 20:26:13 CDT 2007

On Friday 17 August 2007 04:34:33 pm JR Richardson wrote:
> Questions:
>
> 1. Is the wiki DUNDi example and the dundi.conf file too difficult to
> follow for new users?

it's a bit complicated, though it seems to make sense for large-scale ops.

> 2. Does the complexity of the DUNDi setup discourage you from using it
> or even attempting to configure it?

what would also encourage me is if dundi.com would be updated, etc.
when setting up dundi, i feel as if i'm entering an underground secret society
where no one really wants to share much.  this leads me to feel as though
it's not something that's actively developed/used in the usa, outside of
(intra)corporations.

i see lots of e164 dundi activity in europe, but not here, why?

> 3. If there was a simple tutorial, step by step guide with easy to
> setup and test examples, would this encourage more users to
> investigate and use DUNDi?

this would help a lot.  also, since dundi is peer based, it would be nice if
dundi.com or some central place could get new users introduced to finding
peers, etc.

even people on the dundi.com list of tier 1 peers don't respond to emails,
etc.

i heard your talk today!  thanks again for your help.
--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E