[asterisk-users] asterisk multiport

Jaswinder Singh vicky.r at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 06:37:31 CDT 2007

What i actually do is make asterisk listen on some other port like 5097 and
redirect port 5060 to it with iptables  like this
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p udp --dport 5060 -j DNAT --to
YOURIPHERE:5097

This works very well . If i make asterisk listen on 5060 and redirect say
5097 to 5060 i had lot of problems with firewalled systems ( blocked 5060 by
isp ) . Also on blocked end its recommended to use some softphone like xlite
which  completely allows you to set custom ports on machine itself to
listen, taking 5060 completely out of picture .