[asterisk-users] Hook flash time problem on TDM400/FXS

linux at shelob.nl linux at shelob.nl
Fri Aug 17 01:49:15 CDT 2007

I have been trying for some time now to make the hook flash work on the
FXS port.
I am using Asterisk 1.4.10.1 with zaptel 1.4.4.

When I "manually" flash the hook I can manage to find the duration to put
a call on hold. However when pushing the flash button it never works. The
phone's flashtime seems to be too short. I tried to set a shorter
flashtime in the zapata.conf file, but it seems to be ignored.

I have flash=100 configured in the zapata.conf en when reloading it, this
is what is reported on the asterisk console:

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf':   == Parsing
'/etc/asterisk/mgcp.conf': Found
Found
[Aug 17 08:27:01] WARNING[15818]: chan_zap.c:11117 process_zap: Ignoring
flash
[Aug 17 08:27:01] WARNING[15818]: chan_zap.c:11117 process_zap: Ignoring
signalling
    -- Reconfigured channel 1, FXS Kewlstart signalling
[Aug 17 08:27:01] WARNING[15818]: chan_zap.c:11117 process_zap: Ignoring
signalling
    -- Reconfigured channel 2, FXO Kewlstart signalling
[Aug 17 08:27:01] WARNING[15818]: chan_zap.c:11117 process_zap: Ignoring
signalling
    -- Reconfigured channel 3, FXO Kewlstart signalling
[Aug 17 08:27:01] WARNING[15818]: chan_zap.c:11117 process_zap: Ignoring
signalling
    -- Reconfigured channel 4, FXO Kewlstart signalling

How can I adjust the flashtime on a FXS port in such a way that I can use
the flash function of the phone connected to it. This is especially
important for a DECT phone for which I cannot do a manual hook flash.
Without this I cannot transfer calls.

My searches on the internet did not give me any information other than
that I should change the flash time parameter in zapata.conf. An old
message indicated that I should change some .h file and recompile zaptel
drivers, but could not find the particular piece of code probably because
it has changed considerably later on. Also the information I found
indicated that the flash time in Europe is generally very short (80 - 120
ms) as compared to the US (750ms ?). I am in the Netherlands.

TIA,

Hans Feringa