[asterisk-users] zaptel update locks up computer from 1.2.9.1 to 1.2.19

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Aug 16 13:00:43 CDT 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 09:22:45PM -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
>> I am trying to update a machine with a TE210P card setup as PRI. Running
>> Centos 4.4.
>
> What is the output of:
>
>   uname -r
>
>> I stop asterisk, I do service zaptel stop. I look at lsmod and all
>> zaptel modules are unloaded.
>> I compile zaptel 1.2.19, I install zaptel.
>> when I do the service zaptel start, the machine locks up.
>>
>> I reboot the machine and it locks up when loading zaptel.
>
> When exactly?
>
> If you manually run:
>
>   modprobe zaptel
>   # is that the right driver?
>   insmod wct4xxp
>
>   # you may need to wait for a while here. udevd takes its time on centos4
>   # to populate /dev/zap
>   ztcfg

What exactly does lock up mean, by the way?  Does it output a stack
trace on the screen?  Can you not ssh into anymore?  Or is does the
current console you are on simply hang but the rest of the system
behaves as normal.  The answer to this is important.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer