[asterisk-users] Asterisk, PAP2T and 2Wire DSL router

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Aug 16 11:08:50 CDT 2007

	Here is Mexico the phone company uses a DSL router from 2Wire which in
my opinion is quite bad.  I am having problems getting PAP2T adapters
connected to Asterisk using these routers.  They connect fine but after
about 5 minutes I get a message on the Asterisk console that the ATA is
unreachable.  So far the only way I have found for the ATA to stay
connected more than five minutes is to put it in the DMZ but this is not
always possible either because the DMZ is already in use by some other
computer, they do not use DHCP and this router cannot assign a DMZ if
you do not use DHCP or simply because you have more than one ATA on the
network.

	Does anyone know of a tweak to this router that will allow the ATA to
remain connected to Asterisk?  This only seems to affect Linksys and
Sipura ATAs because when you have phones on the same network
(Grandstream) those do not lose the connection to the server.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001