[asterisk-users] Outbund Route via Extension

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 09:51:23 CDT 2007

On 8/16/07, Nhadie Ramos <nhadie at tbgi.net.ph> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> is it possible to choose outbound route by checking the extension of the
> caller?
> e.g extension that starts with 3 goes to outbound route 1 extension that
> starts with 4 goes to outbound route 2.  Basically, i'm hosting two(2)
> office, extension 3XXX is office 1 and extensions 4XX is office 2, they
> both have the same dialling pattern so i need to choose route based on
> source.  i'm using freepbx for this.

You could easily just put the extensions in different contexts. I'm not sure
how freepbx handles this, but Asterisk certainly supports having different
handsets in different outgoing contexts. This is probably your best option

Another option is to have gotoif statements, based on the callerID of the
handset placing the call.

Another option, although it's bad in my opinion, is to train everyone in
Company A to dial a 9 for outgoing calls, and everyone in Company B to dial
8. That give 0 security, so again, it's bad, but it could work.