[asterisk-users] IVR and MySQL

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbeyond.nl
Thu Aug 16 05:27:15 CDT 2007

> > One way to do it is working with app MYSQL(), where you
> will put your sql as
> > argumment.
> > read more in
> > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MYSQL
>
> That's possible, but i wouldn't recommend on large production system.
> Using MySQL you would need to connect and disconnect all the time, and
> it takes resources.. I would suggest to append that info to CDR
> userfield (if you are storing your CDR in MySQL), and run periodically
> some script that extracts them. Of course it's more complex, but that
> would be my way.

Using MYSQL() (or equivalent) heavily in the dialingplan is IMHO the
nicest way of doing things like this. You can do lots of simultaneous
calls before getting into trouble.

Appending stuff to the CDR userfield is just plain ugly and asking for
trouble (are you sure you can always separate the different values?).

--
Andreas Sikkema