[asterisk-users] 20min waiting time

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:54:22 CDT 2007

On 8/15/07, OCOSA ListAcct <listacc at ocosa.com> wrote:
> Did not work either...Thank you!
>
> Otis
>
> Michiel van Baak wrote:
> > On 15:02, Sun 12 Aug 07, OCOSA ListAcct wrote:
> >
> >> exten=>5,2,Dial(SIP/support&SIP/support2,20000,tr)
> >>
> > Make this line read:
> >  exten=>5,2,Dial(SIP/support&SIP/support2,,tr)
> >
> > That should do the trick

As Eric observed in an earlier email in this thread, the phone handset
is probably giving up on you and responding with a No-Answer message
to asterisk. The only solutions that I am aware of are 1) A queue (as
previously suggested) or 2) A dialplan which loops around before the
75 seconds of ringtime are up, hangup the call and dial it again.

The queue is the better option IMHO as it allows hold music and
announcements. OTOH, it does mean that the caller is paying for an
answered call.

Steve