[asterisk-users] Asterisk & SNOM Page - SNOM beeps intermittently

Anthony Cennami acennami at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:36:41 CDT 2007

I have been trying to track this down for a while to no avail.

I have a variety of different SNOM phones (the entire 3XX series) and have
also tried on a variety of different Asterisk versions (pretty much the
whole 1.2 and 1.4 train)

When I "Page()" phones in Asterisk, I only intermittently get an audio
indication on the recipient phone.  Audio Indicator is turned on, and I'm
using the basic/standard headers to page the phones.

exten => _83XXX,1,ChanIsAvail(SIP/${EXTEN:1}|js)
exten => _83XXX,n,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: <sip:xx.xx.xx.xx>\;answer-after=0)
exten => _83XXX,n,Page(SIP/${EXTEN:1},d)

Occasionally the SNOM phones will actually beep before they pickup, but the
vast majority of the time this is not the case.

WRT to the SNOM phones, I've run (tested) everything from 5.x to 6.5.10 with
the same (intermittent) results.

Has anybody experienced this, and hopefully resolved?

Thanks,

--
Anthony Cennami