[asterisk-users] Load balancing SIP trunks?

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Wed Aug 15 15:33:07 CDT 2007

I have 10 SIP trunks that I'd really like to round-robin load balance.
Currently I have a macro that switches between available lines, but there
really must be a function in Asterisk to do this on its own.  So my question
is just that, are there any easy ways for Asterisk to either balance between
SIP trunks or even just a built in function to find the next available SIP
trunk.  I think using a macro to test the state of each trunk is silly, but
it's the only method I've found.

--
/Nick