[asterisk-users] State of the Union: Vonage? Skype?

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:15:08 CDT 2007

Hi Jay,

Skype can be used successfully with the ChanSkype module on supported
platforms (Fedora Core 3, 4 or 5 or Ubuntu 6.04). It's $19USD for a single
personal license, and tends to work quite well. It's not the easiest item to
setup (the OS needs a window manager running on it, and each Skype channel
require it's own user with it's own desktop session running for that user),
but once you get it going I've rarely found it to fail. I used it with the
unlimited outgoing calling to North America from Skype, and it's saved me
quite a bit.

AR

On 8/15/07, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> I've looked around a bit, and I'm still not sure I quite know what the
> state of the union is with regard to configuring SkypeIn/Out and Vonage
> services as trunk-side appearances on an Asterisk PBX?
>
> Any good clear pointers?
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
> --
> Jay R. Ashworth                   Baylink
> jra at baylink.com
> Designer                     The Things I Think                       RFC
> 2100
> Ashworth & Associates     http://baylink.pitas.com                     '87
> e24
> St Petersburg FL USA      http://photo.imageinc.us             +1 727 647