[asterisk-users] "Remote" extension search?

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Wed Aug 15 01:51:14 CDT 2007

I've heard about this, but I really can't seem to find anything on it.  I've
got a strange setup that exists only because of firewall issues, and
everything about it seems fine.  The setup:

SIP clients -> Asterisk (office) -> IAX -> Asterisk (colocation) -> SIP PSTN
Termination

All the extensions I want to be able to dial are on the colocation box.
What I'd really like is for the "office" asterisk box to forward all
extension requests it doesn't know about to the colocation Asterisk box.  I
think this is refered to as Trunking.  I only need to do this in a single
direction, if that's any easier to setup.

Are there any good documents on VOIP-Info or another site on setting up
something like this?  The office Asterisk's job is just to act as a SIP to
IAX gateway.  I've got a work-a-round that will work, but I thought I'd
learn the proper method.

--
/Nick