[asterisk-users] LumenVox Speech Recognition

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Tue Aug 14 23:16:03 CDT 2007

randulo wrote:
> Nitesh,
>
> I've messed with the Lumenvox starter kit. If you are serious about
> this field, I think it's a "must see". It was easy to set up and there
> are demos available. Their support is excellent. There is a quiet
> mailing list where questions are never ignored and most problems are
> solved AFAIK.

I'll agree that the Lumevox starter kit is a great starting point.  I
started out with the dialplan version of their pizza demo and quickly
realized that using a dialplan would degenerate into spaghetti code very
quickly.  So using the Asterisk-java library I ported their pizza demo
to Java (my code is now one of the demos on that page).  I found this
combined with Cepstral to be a great platform that could be used to
write data driven voice recognition applications.

If you are doing something interesting, the Lumenvox folks are very
helpful in getting you going.

Steve