[asterisk-users] Some advice

William McCloskey williamm at timbercon.com
Tue Aug 14 17:17:44 CDT 2007

I need a quick bit of advice from the list.

We purchased an asterisk based phone system back about 6 months ago and
we are using Cisco 7940G phones (I know, not everyone's favorites). We
are using the second line on the phones for paging with a auto-answer,
now my question is having the system call 20 of these paging extensions,
should that be enough load to cause instability in the system? Our
vendor is claiming it is causing the problems we are having, and I
really find that hard to believe.

Thoughts? Should that be enough to cause major stability problems?

It's an Athlon 3800+ with 512mb ram and a Sangoma card with one PRI.
Total of about 60 extensions (40 phones) on the system but only about
2-4 active calls at any given time with very little transcoding or other
such intensive processes going on.

Thanks,
William