[asterisk-users] Recognize 800 number

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Aug 14 13:01:50 CDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 12:00:25PM -0500, Kyle Sexton wrote:
> Can you just point the 800 number to an unused DID and track the calls
> by anything coming to that DID?  I don't think 800 numbers actually pass
> that they are 800 #s.

It has traditionally been the case that non-trunk INWATS rang down on
standard phone lines, and there was iindeed no way to tell the calls were
dialled to the INWATS number.

On trunked service (usually from an IXC, but sometimes from a LEC or
CLEC), you could tell either by reserving timeslots/trunks for the
INWATS traffic, or -- if you had realtime ANI or DNIS (usually on a
PRI, these days) -- you could find out which specific number was being
called.

Cheers,
-- jra