[asterisk-users] Patent issues, what features we can't use?

Henry L.Coleman asterisk at voip-pbx.ca
Tue Aug 14 12:34:02 CDT 2007

This legal question pops up every now and then, and depending on how
paranoid you are you can eventually start thinking that the US patent
office is under your bed.(I'm just checking now)
First thing to note is that you aren't worth suing. This is a game that
only applies to very big companies where you want to screw your competiton
and have more lawyers than they do.
Second thing to note is that this applies to US based companies only,
(the country that still doesn't have universal health care).
World wide, anything else falls into the UN or the EU. None of these
organizations are dumb enough to get involved in anything as petty as
this. Simply put, no-one outside corporate (telecom) America gives a
"monkey's balls" who first coined the term "Call Forwarding" or "ADSL"....

There are more important things in life
--
Henry L. Coleman.

< Kyle Sexton>