[asterisk-users] Patent issues, what features we can't use?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Tue Aug 14 11:10:30 CDT 2007

Eric Chamberlain wrote:

> Shouldn't you ask your attorney these questions?
>
> Any answers you receive here will not legally protect you.
>
> --
>
> Eric Chamberlain, CISSP
>
> Chief Technical Officer
>
> Voxilla - http://voxilla.com/

Nor will any "answers" from an attorney.
Ever try and get a straight answer from one? Especially a patent and
trademark one?
I have, and the best to hope for is "maybe"

Also keep in mind that, at least in the US, ANY asshole can sue anyone
for the filing fee!

Too many, such as Verizon, gain patents on things that really shouldn't
be patented, thanks to the US PTO and their ignorance of technical
matters, then others have to attempt to defend themselves in front of a
"jury of their peers" who are as least as ignorant, and suffer the results.
Refer back to the Vonage case.

There is no guarantee of no risk.
Your mother lied to you when she said everything would be alright

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot